Share:
Notifications
Clear all

All my posts are no longer connected to me.

RPMiller
(@rpmiller)

Hello,

All my previous posts and activity is no longer associated to my account. Please reconnect them. They should never have been disconnected. That is poor data management. The username should be forever linked to posts even if that member is no longer a member. The member's account can just be deactivated should they leave. This maintains the integrity of the association and ownership of the posts.

Topic starter Posted : 08/12/2020 1:24 am
Jess
 Jess
(@jess-2)
Community Manager Admin

Hi @rpmiller

Sorry for my delay in getting back to you about this, I've been having a look into this issue. 

Previously when a member cancelled their membership the account is deleted, this is to ensure that only members have access to the expert support. Posts are reassigned to one of our admin profiles so other members were still able to access the information provided in these posts. The only alternative was to delete the posts which we did not want to do. 

I have now changed the policy and settings in the community so that accounts are downgraded to a read only status if a membership is cancelled. We will trial this solution to ensure it works well for our active members before permanently committing to this resolution.   

I'm not able to reassign your previous posts to you but hopefully this solution will be satisfactory for you moving forward. 

Best, 

Jess

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/12/2020 9:35 am
RPMiller
(@rpmiller)

@jess Yes, that sounds like it is more inline with data regulations and forum expectations across the Internet. That should also prevent other members from being confused when they see "Bob" as the poster, but the content is obviously talking to someone else.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/12/2020 5:28 pm
Share:

About us

We’re a bunch of 3D printing and design nuts. We just want to make great 3D design available to everyone. 

Our mission

Good design takes time, great design takes a process. You can learn this with us, to build your skill set in this rapidly expanding market. 

Learn with us:

© Copyright: 2019 io3dp.com
Close Menu