Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Unusual warping

3dengineer24
(@3dengineer24)
Trusted Member

In my case I've suddenly started to get warping in the center of my parts not the edges or corners using PLA I printing on an ultimaker S5 and this is a new issue I've ran across, the edges of the circle all measure equal or close to each other but the center seems to be anywhere from .005-.010 thousands or .127-.254 mm from the original thickness. 

nozzle tempt runs 215 c for 3dFuel PRO PLA

bed temp runs 50 c

glass bed 

Topic starter Posted : 10/02/2021 4:06 pm
Luke
 Luke
(@lmf5000)
Expert Moderator

Hi 3Dengineer24,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Have you tried re-levelling the bed with the autolevel probe (if installed)? From all these symptoms it sounds like your levelling matrix may have gotten messed up and the nozzle is printing about 0.1mm away from the bed at the center. This will cause poor adhesion and an increase in thickness, accompanied by widening gaps between the lines of the first layer.

Can you describe your auto-level setup and procedure, what you've tried so far and maybe attach a photo of the failed part?

Looking forward to your feedback 🙂

Regards,
Luke

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/02/2021 11:52 am
3dengineer24
(@3dengineer24)
Trusted Member

The Ultimaker S5 has a pressure auto level method or contact method if you want to call it that, it'll touch the bed do a little bit of pressure against it and move on to the next point. I've tried a raft which also ended up doing the same thing in the middle and even a brim and they all end up lower in the center, so I'll re-level the bed and make sure the glass isn't damaged or warped in some way-also the part didn't fail it just ended up not being dimensionally accurate due to that drop in the center. I'll report any new findings later tomorrow Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/02/2021 2:01 pm
Share:

About us

We’re a bunch of 3D printing and design nuts. We just want to make great 3D design available to everyone. 

Our mission

Good design takes time, great design takes a process. You can learn this with us, to build your skill set in this rapidly expanding market. 

Learn with us:

© Copyright: 2019 io3dp.com
Close Menu