Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Hello

lillyand31cdac2b
(@lillyand31cdac2b)
Significant Member

Hi I´m Iris - relatively new to FDM printing - more at home with Resin 😀 and at the point where I´m not sure if FDM was such a good idea or if I should have stayed with my resin printers 🙂

I print on Anycubic Mega S and Ender 3

Topic starter Posted : 04/08/2021 9:28 pm
Luke
 Luke
(@lmf5000)
Expert Moderator

Hi Iris 🙂

FDM has certain advantages - it's cheaper and slightly faster for large prints (if you use a large nozzle and a coarse layer height), and large FDM printers are much cheaper than large resin printers. There's also a lot less post-processing involved with FDM than with resin (no alcohol, no UV/sunlight curing, no mandatory supports removal on many types of print etc.). The last advantage is that FDM is a relatively clean process and needs only good exhaust to protect you from molten plastic fumes; with resin you have to take precautions to protect yourself not just from the fumes, but also from the toxicity and allergy-inducing effects of uncured resin (and that stuff sticks to everything if you get some on your glove and go touch something else!).

Welcome to the community!

Regards,
Luke

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/08/2021 6:01 pm
Share:

About us

We’re a bunch of 3D printing and design nuts. We just want to make great 3D design available to everyone. 

Our mission

Good design takes time, great design takes a process. You can learn this with us, to build your skill set in this rapidly expanding market. 

Learn with us:

© Copyright: 2019 io3dp.com
Close Menu