Clear all

Introduce yourself

Page 1 / 6
Jess
 Jess
(@jess-2)
Community Manager Admin

Hi and Welcome! 

I'm Jess your community manager and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. 

This is not only a space you get direct access to our experts but you also get to meet and know other people on the same journey as you. 

I can't wait to see some of your prints! 

Please introduce yourself below  

Topic starter Posted : 14/03/2019 9:50 am
Caseyb, David and Carla liked
Ed Tyson
(@edtyson)
Member Admin

My name's Ed. 

I like to hang out with friends and take long walks in the park. 

Just kidding... I have a wife, 2 kids and I 3D print. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/03/2019 9:48 am
Caseyb and David liked
 Anonymous

Hi,

I'm Kryss, I live in regional Australia with my kangaroo, Lucy, and I 3D print because it's awesome.  I have a Prusa MK3 MMU2 which I am currently upgrading to the S version, which I use to print my ZBrush models (the two head sculptures: one of them is a portrait my dad - guess which?), as well as models off Thingiverse or Pinshape, or parts.

Front
DSC03946

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/03/2019 6:52 am
Ed Tyson and Carla liked
Adevanney
(@adevanney)

Hi,

I'm Andy, I built my own Hypercube 3d printer a few years back.  Having problems figuring out PETG on this machine due to first layer and bed adhesion which is my next challenge!

IMG 2244
IMG 2243
IMG 2242
IMG 2241
IMG 2240
ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/03/2019 1:16 pm
Carla
(@carla)

Thats a nice clean & neat build, if get stuck at any point with PETG please feel free to ask but for a starting point try the below when you first try 🙂

PETG likes to have a bit more of a gap between the bed and hot end than the likes of PLA so you could try using like a business card to level and not a sheet of paper, with the heated bed at around 80c.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/03/2019 3:35 pm
David liked
Stephan
(@stephan)

@adevanney

why don't you start a new topic for the PETG problem, try to post a picture of the first layer of a PETG print and then we'll have a look at it. Carla is probably spot on with nozzle to bed distance, this is usually the problem with PETG.

And yeah, I still need a Hypercube 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/03/2019 4:33 pm
David and Carla liked
Adevanney
(@adevanney)

Hi Stephan, 

I will do when i'm sorted, however I have come to the conclusion that most the problems I've been having is due to the extruder i'm using, primarily a cheap Ebay one!  A lot of prints have missing layers, slight under extrusion and slipping or skipping from the extruder and that's totally intermittent. 

I'm currently installing a BMG extruder, a PEI sheet and updating the Marlin firmware this weekend, hopefully this should solve if not all of my intermittent issues and allow me to experiment better.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/03/2019 10:53 am
Carla liked
Toastedsheep
(@toastedsheep)

Hi Im Matt, 3D printing fascinates me I love seeing what it can do and I am interested in learning more about the available different materials and how best to use them. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/03/2019 11:58 am
Carla liked
Bob
 Bob
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hi I'm Dave. Nicknamed "Yeti" cause I'm big and hairy 🤣

Got into 3D printing late last year after my lathe died and I'm having great fun learning the tricks of getting a decent print out of my printer despite it's terrible ABL system thanks to it's Z-Axis sensor that gives different height readings every damn time! (Creality CR10-S Pro) 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/03/2019 3:38 pm
Carla liked
melou61
(@melou61)

Hello, my name is Carmelo but people call me Melou (from my DJ name) from Spain. I started learning how to 3D design and print since last year and it has been a bumpy but full of learning. I have an Ender 3 but thinking to upgrade to an advance printer as this budget printer is giving more headaches than good prints now 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/04/2019 8:27 pm
Carla liked
Bob
 Bob
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hi I'm Steve.

I bought my first 3D printer at Christmas 2018, an Anet A8 and have since changed to an Alfawise U30. I print for fun (and frustration),sometimes I make things for friends.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2019 4:46 pm
Carla liked
Bob
 Bob
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hello there, My names Will (or Shorty to my friends xD) and I am a 3D Printoholic.

All started about a year and a half ago when I got my first printer from ALDI in the UK. Its a Balco 3D Printer Touch, a rebrand of the Wanhao Duplicator i3 Plus it looks like, and I have modified it quite a lot with an all metal hotend from Micro Swiss and various 3D Printed upgrades.  I also built an enclosure for it out of an IKEA cabinet which worked out rather well! I also have a Creality CR-10s which is stock but I plan to give that an upgrade or two soon also.

I use them mainly for my combat robot for robot wars. Polymaker PC MAX has held up to the abuse great with the motors dying before any 3D printed parts! I post all my shenanigans on YouTube for the robot and my 3D Printer so if your interested in seeing what I get up to then have a look 🙂 I am currently in the motions of setting up my own business for 3D printing on demand and such so this course will be invaluable to me in getting my skills up to snuff!

Looking forward to speaking to you all 🙂

Will 🙂

IMG 20190313 141516
IMG 20190315 172352
ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/04/2019 5:06 pm
Ed Tyson and Carla liked
jockspice
(@jockspice)
Frequent Member

Hello, I'm Dave and I have a 3D printing addiction. Started a few years ago with and Ultimaker Original from a charity shop and has grown to 6 others, all up in the loft which has been make into my printer haven.

I'm just a hobbyist but used to do a lot of work on 3DHubs before they kicked everyone off. Now toying with getting a website up and running to provide local printing services again.

Look forward to chatting with you all! 😀 👍 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/04/2019 9:57 am
Carla liked
bob.pound
(@bob-pound)

Hi all, I am Bob. I have had an interest in 3D printing for a few years bit bought my first printer about 6 months ago. It is an Ender 3 that I have been upgrading. I am an engineer approaching retirement and am looking forward to undertaking a few projects with my printer. I have designed and printed a few items with mixed success. So am looking forward to chatting to and learning something from you all. 👍

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/04/2019 1:17 pm
Carla liked
Gilly
(@gilly)
Reputable Member

Hi I'm Gilly (Jilly) from Brisbane in Australia.  I am a systems analyst in the working day and 3d printer when not working.  I print clay cutters for the art industry and have several flashforge printers.  I joined this community to talk to like minded people and hopefully learn how to print better.  I have only been printing for just over a year and whilst I have printed thousands of items I struggle to understand how to get consistent output.  I have alot of questions so I hope you don't mind me being here in this community.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/04/2019 1:35 am
Carla liked
Page 1 / 6
Share:

About us

We’re a bunch of 3D printing and design nuts. We just want to make great 3D design available to everyone. 

Our mission

Good design takes time, great design takes a process. You can learn this with us, to build your skill set in this rapidly expanding market. 

Learn with us:

© Copyright: 2019 io3dp.com
Close Menu