Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Bed leveling aid

davidmjod3b70f13
(@davidmjod3b70f13)
Prominent Member

In his training video on bed leveling Denis shows a cleaver device to assist with the direction for turning the bed leveling wheels but he doesn't name the device nor does he tell where this can be obtained. I'd like to have one. What is it called and where can I get one?

Topic starter Posted : 04/02/2021 10:36 pm
Luke
 Luke
(@lmf5000)
Expert Moderator

Hi David,

Could you tell me the module, episode and time where the device appears? Need to make sure we're talking about the right thing 🙂

Regards,
Luke

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/02/2021 11:27 pm
davidmjod3b70f13
(@davidmjod3b70f13)
Prominent Member

It is the "Advanced Bed Leveling Masterclass" and it comes up at time 4:48.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/02/2021 10:38 am
davidmjod3b70f13
(@davidmjod3b70f13)
Prominent Member

It is the "Advanced Bed Leveling Masterclass" and it comes up at time 4:48.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/02/2021 10:38 am
Luke
 Luke
(@lmf5000)
Expert Moderator

Hi David,

We're checking that for you and will get back to you soon with the exact one used by Denis, but here's a similar device you can print from thingiverse - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4012952

Regards,
Luke

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2021 1:51 pm
davidmjod3b70f13
(@davidmjod3b70f13)
Prominent Member

Thanks Luke. Is there a version for a flat surface? My printer is a Labists E4 and there is nothing to clip the indicator on to. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/02/2021 2:34 pm
Luke
 Luke
(@lmf5000)
Expert Moderator

Hi David,

Is it an E4 or an ET4? Seems to be a deriviative of the Anet ET4. Did you happen to download your current profile from here? https://labists.com/blogs/user-guide/cura-slicer-setting-for-et4-3d-printer

With regards to the guide, since you have a flat surface you could always use a 2D printer 😆 . I would print a nice full-colour label and affix it to the baseplate with transparent tape (or print on self-adhesive paper). Something like this - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2609666

If you prefer a 3D one, I can modify Denis' one to be flat for you once we get the link or STL later 🙂

Regards,
Luke

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2021 3:13 pm
davidmjod3b70f13
(@davidmjod3b70f13)
Prominent Member

yes, thank you. I would prefer the 3D one. My mistake, my printer is a ET4 not an E4.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/02/2021 10:00 pm
Luke
 Luke
(@lmf5000)
Expert Moderator

Hi David, will do once we get the STL from Denis. If it takes more than a few days I will recreate it from scratch and post it for you.

Do you have any CAD experience or know how to use any 3D-modelling software? I very much recommend Fusion360 (and the best learning resource for that are a series of videos by Lars Christensen on YouTube - he's an employee of Autodesk, the company that makes it).

This is the last piece in the puzzle to really expand what you can do with a 3D printer - a CAD package is to a 3D printer what a word processor is to a normal printer, it enables you to design and print your own things, which I've found extremely useful for many tasks around the house 🙂

P.S. Since it's an ET4, I believe it's a deriviative (or rebrand) of the Anet ET4. This is good info to know because it makes it easier to find parts, help in the communities and possibly settings and profiles too.

Regards,
Luke

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2021 12:01 pm
Share:

About us

We’re a bunch of 3D printing and design nuts. We just want to make great 3D design available to everyone. 

Our mission

Good design takes time, great design takes a process. You can learn this with us, to build your skill set in this rapidly expanding market. 

Learn with us:

© Copyright: 2019 io3dp.com
Close Menu