Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Filament replacement

peterb8f15b29
(@peterb8f15b29)
Famed Member

I have just got the 1st print of my Geeetech A10T and whilst not perfect I am quite pleased. BUT the sample filament that I was using and printing overnight ran out. I can find loads of information and videos on how to unbox and print but nowhere can I find how to properly remove the filament from the printer. It is not in your "The Ultimate Beginners Guide to 3D Printing" nor the A10T Users Manual.

Please let me know as soon as you can.

Regards

Peter

Topic starter Posted : 01/08/2021 12:48 pm
peterb8f15b29
(@peterb8f15b29)
Famed Member

I got it sorted thanks. It requires

1. the Hot End to be up to temperature
  2. wait for the surplus filament to weep out of the Nozzle and remove with tweezers
  3. retract the extruder 
  4. withdraw the filament back towards the reel

Easy when you know how.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/08/2021 5:53 am
Pablo
(@placherre)
Member Moderator

Hi Peter!

I apologise we didn't answer sooner.

It is a good thing to know you were able to solve the issue by yourself. That will help you to discover the tricks your printer might have.

Regarding the filament run out, always heat up the hot end in order to remove the remaining. Just like when you change spools. Sometimes when running out of filament, you would have to disconnect the Bowden tube in order to remove the filament left. If this is the case, be sure to push the coupling fitting in order to release PTEF tube. Otherwise, you will struggle to remove it and will end up damaging the end of the tube. 

Since you are working with the hot end at working temperature, be aware of the burning hazard. Because you could end up burning your fingers.

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Kind regards,

Pablo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/08/2021 7:28 am
Share:

About us

We’re a bunch of 3D printing and design nuts. We just want to make great 3D design available to everyone. 

Our mission

Good design takes time, great design takes a process. You can learn this with us, to build your skill set in this rapidly expanding market. 

Learn with us:

© Copyright: 2019 io3dp.com
Close Menu